Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I wish I could go back to sleep....

....but I can't.  As many of you with children know already, a feverish baby makes for an restless night.  My 10 month old son, who was battling a fever yesterday, decided he was going to wake up at 10:30 p.m. and stayed up till oooh about 1:15 IN THE MORNING.  He was back up around 8:30ish today :( I wish we could both go back to sleep, I know he needs it.  Now he's napping and I'm up for the day BAH!


ANYWAY.........

My strips for the cover and the inside of the cover
The current project I'm working on is from a lovely little magazine called 101 Patchwork Projects and Quilts.  If you haven't had the chance to flip through this you need to.  It has a lot of cute ideas that would be great for yourself or great as a gift!  Right now I'm putting together Baby's Favorite Color Book.

This project is great for clearing out your scrap stash.  My sister-in-law let me go through her scraps stash (since most of mine is not with me) to gather all my colors which was pretty fricken awesome cause I wanted 16 different patterns for each of the 8 pages.

The aqua (or light blue) page is my fav!
The directions call for 2 pieces of batting in each page, so I decided to quilt the pages.  I just simply stitched in the ditch because I knew it would be way too easy for my son to pull and fluff the batting when he plays with it.  However, when I turned it I felt like my pages came out REALLY thick (they must have used super thin batting).  So I suggest using just 1 layer in the pages and if you do want to quilt it I would do it by hand unless you're a pro at straight seems (which I am not).

I decided not to put the tabs on, mostly because I forgot about them until after everything was sewn and turned.  Now all I have left to do is piece the cover together and "bind" my book.  I had lots of extra strips left over from cutting the front so I'm going to repeat the log cabin design on the back.  I really can't wait to finish this and get some finished pics up here!



No comments:

Post a Comment