Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The seam ripper is my best friend

I ended up getting absolutely NOTHING done yesterday.  The boy was still not feeling well. :(  Buuuuut I got the color book done today! Yay!

So today was all about piecing the cover together and adding finishing touches.  This was more of pain than I expected it to be.  I need tips and tricks on how to cut and sew evenly.  The seam ripper was close by through out my sewing today.  I must have redone some of these at least a dozen times.  I guess I could have left them the way they were but then my cover would have come out all wonky.

On the front and the back I stitched in the ditch again and on the inside I tried out some free motion.  At first I wasn't really happy with how it turned out but it's growing on me.

Since everything came out so thick there was no way I was going to be able to sew it all together with the machine.  I used 6 stranded embroidery thread to help it stand up to the munchkin.  I really don't like how it ended up so there is a great possibility I'll be redoing this tomorrow!

Overall I really liked how it came out.  Yeah, it's not perfect but I don't think anything I make will ever be.  As long as I enjoyed the process then that is quite all right with me!  Let me know what you guys think!



More like Edward's Color Novel!
OH! also, what's the best way (in your opinion) to quilt a log cabin block?

2 comments:

  1. I found log cabin to be one of the tricker blocks to make. I ended up learning and using the paper peicing method although a bit difficult to get my head around in the first place once I got going was a life saver. Love the red page will you be sharing some of the other coloured ones with us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definatly have to look into that technique. The other pages were included in an earlier post which can be found here http://notanothercraftblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-wish-i-could-go-back-to-sleep.html

    ReplyDelete