Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Busy little bee...

What have I been doing the past couple of days?  Not working on my quilt that's what!  I did however complete some uncompleted projects.

The first of which is a Hanging Toy Sack for my son.  These are all fabrics I used in his nursery bedding (which I will post pictures of when I get back home!).  This has been in the making since like November and I had gotten most of it done but it needed some hand sewing to finish.  Since starting this one I made another one for my nephew and that one got done MUCH quicker.  Since I couldn't find a tutorial on this I just kinda winged it and now I think I've got it down, so I will be creating a picture tutorial to go along with it.  But that's another one of those things that has to happen when I get home.

My second project I finished was Megan's Apron and Oven Mitt.  Both of these are completely functionless except for pretend for a smallish child.  I will be remaking these :D  I do like how they came out though and I'm super happy something needing hand stitching got finished in an almost reasonable amount of time.

Next is not something I needed to finished but just something I needed to do before we leave.  My SIL got the great idea to do stepping stones for Mother's Day for my MIL.  This was another one of those projects that was supposed to get done a while ago (like Dec/Jan).  I really like how his came out!  Now I just have to do mine!







And these are what I'm working on for the next couple of days.  My MIL asked me to liven up her director's chairs with a fresh coat of paint.  This is the perfect way to get new life out of your old patio chairs or to clean up some inexpensive chairs you've picked up from a yard sale!  I really like the brown she picked out and we have these beautiful rustic red panels to replace the old ones with.
Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment