Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A lesson learned in bandages

So Monday when we had the CT scan it went well, for the most part.  We got there a little bit before we were told to be there (which was an hour before his appointment) and sat..... and sat..... AND SAT some more.  Apparently the people with an appointment before my son's got there late pushing us back, oh about an hour and half!  It was ridiculous!  I ended up sitting in that hospital for 5 hours.  They boy did good though and we should be talking to the doctor at the end of the month.  Needless to say I got nothing done that day

And I got nothing done the next day too.

Although the boy had a play date with his girlfriend.  We went to a baby gym, it was fun. (They had a blast!)

The quilt I'm making was inspired by this quilt by Alissa Carlton.  I didn't have a pattern or anything to go by so I used EQ 7 to help me plan out what I'm going to do.  I decided on a 4 inch square for my picture with 1 inch strips around it for the frame.  This results in a 6x6 inch square and I'm doing 6x8 squares for the quilt.  It should give me final dimensions of 36x48 inches.  I'm working off of this Tinkerbell print that I picked up from JoAnn Fabrics.


Here are the rest of the fabrics I'm using in this quilt.  My absolute favorite is the pink and purple floral on the white background, it is incredibly soft too!

Today I finally decided I needed to start knockin this cutting out.  So this morning I got all my 4 inch squares cut.  Then I figured out all the math for my strips so I could keep waste to a minimum.  I decided on cutting 12 1.5x44 inch strips and then chopping it down from there.  That then changed to 24 1.5x22 inch strips because it was more manageable on my rotary mat.  I got all my long strips cut from my white fabric and I'm now working on breaking that down to my workable pieces.  Here is a tip: keep your fingers OUT OF THE WAY of the rotary blade.  I'm working on my 3rd or 4th strip when OUCH! omgijustcutmyfingeroff.  Ok, ok, not THAT bad, but still pretty bad.  I had sliced a good portion of my thumbnail off which is now only hanging by a thin piece of skin.  It didn't bleed too much which was pretty nice and I was relieved to see I didn't get any blood on my white fabric!!  Here's another trip: make sure you put your band-aids on right the first time, it will always hurt more if you have to readjust them.





I really hope tomorrow isn't going to hurt as much today.

No comments:

Post a Comment