Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Macaroni Cornbread



Yes you read right, macaroni cornbread!  My brother-in-law and I decided to experiment in the kitchen a bit today.  The end product was eh, ok.  It needs a bit of tweaking before its amazing but it sure does have the potential!
I'm putting up pictures today of some plush toys I recently made for my son.  Both of these plush toys came from the book Wee Wonderfuls.  This first little guy is named Wes the Baby Giraffe.  When I first saw him in the book I thought "OMG soooo cuuuute! I totally have to make him!" I NEVER WANT TO MAKE HIM EVER AGAIN.  I don't know, maybe I'm lacking in skill but he was a pain in the behind to do.  I can't even say in the end it was worth it because I don't really like how he came out.  I pretty much stuck with the directions from the book but I used buttons for the eyes instead of felt and left off the nose.  One thing I do like about him is the fabric.  I picked out a print from Lizzy House's Castle Peeps from my local quilt shop called Quilting Adventures.




Koji on the other hand is a win all around!!

Koji is an all around win.  He's amazingly cute and he wasn't too difficult to make either.  Koji was made mostly by the book, they suggested felt for the eyes but I thought using buttons made him look a little less zombieish.  I really  like how he ended up.  Once again my favorite part of him is the fabrics!  I used a green plaid flannel for the body and a cute scrap of fabric I found in my sister-in-laws stash

No comments:

Post a Comment