Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

My first apology

So this is my first apology to all of you.  I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with posting but I've had a great couple of days!

I decided to simplify my blogs appearance, I enjoy this new look, it looks a lot less busy so I think it will be easier to focus on the crafts.  I got to spend a couple days with TH after he got back from a training rotation in Germany.  I got to go get furniture from IKEA (and I get to go back and get more!!) which was an adventure and a half.  My mother-in-law arrived in town (which is a good thing because my in-laws rock).  We celebrated my sons 1st birthday!

Let's see..... we'll start with my loot from IKEA.  I got some safety things to keep the munchkin from opening drawers he shouldn't and sticking fingers in sockets.  I got a tub mat that is shaped like an alligator.  I got 2 bedside lamps (I've already broken one :( ).  I got kitchen storage containers.  I got a pull out chair bed for the munchkin's room.  I got a dresser for mine and TH room.  I got a small book case for the entry way.  And last but certainly the best I got a work station for the craft room/guest room/ office/(no longer) room of despair!  The car we took was JAM PACKED.  Like you could not have gotten anything else in that car, I rode with my knees in my chest!  When we go back we're getting the bedside tables I forgot (which ended up being a good thing), a wardrobe, a replacement lamp, and another surface for the kitchen.  It was a pretty good haul overall.  I <3 IKEA.

The munchkin's birthday was a blasty!  I made and decorated the best boxed carrot cake ever!  It looked like a clown full of ninja turtles busted all over it.  We had a couple of TH friends over and had some delicious pasta he made along with some finger foods.









Here's a sneak peak of what's coming tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Just came over here from Indie House. It's nice to know you're in Italy. I am here too and I love sewing.

    ReplyDelete